Sync your Shine to get your activity and sleep stats in the app.
To initiate sync manually
1. Launch the Shine app and tap 'Sync' in the top left corner.
2. Place Shine on your phone and lightly tap it on your screen.
3. Once the sync is complete, your new activity data and highlights will appear in the app.
Double-tap Shine with one or two fingers to check your activity progress (and the clock, if enabled).
Shine is meant to be worn, so double-tapping when Shine is on a hard surface doesn't work very well.
Using the Clock
When the clock is enabled, a double-tap will show your progress, and then the time shortly after. Dots representing 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock light up faintly as reference points. Then a solid light appears to show the hour, and a blinking light shows the minutes.
To turn on the clock
1. Launch the Shine app and tap the red arrow below 'Today' to open the Menu. Tap 'My Shine.'
2. Slide the Clock toggle to 'ON'.
3. Tap 'Save' and sync Shine.
4. Double-tap Shine. The time now displays after your activity progress.
Activity tags mark the beginning of an activity- you only need to tag once, because Shine automatically detects the end of the activity. Also, there's no need to sync after changing your activity tag; in fact you can switch between different activity tags during the day, and they will show up in your highlights the next time you sync Shine.
To tag an activity
1. Launch the Shine app and open the 'My Shine' menu. Make sure activity tagging is turned on, and select the activity you want to track.
2. Tap 'Save'.
3. When you begin your activity, triple tap Shine to leave a tag. You should see the lights radiate upwards three times to confirm the tag.
4. Sync Shine with the app to see your activity displayed in the highlights panel.
For cycling, attach Shine to your shoe or sock. For swimming, you will get more accurate results if you attach it to your wrist. See Wearing Positions for more detail.
Firmly push the battery tool into the notch at a 45 degree angle until the cover lifts. Place the battery into the cover, then press the two pieces together until you hear a 'click'.
Pop Shine into your accessory of choice and hit the road. Or the pool.
Need more help? Check out our FAQs